After you have reviewed our 5 Reasons to Write for Amsterdo and decided that this is the job for you (how could you not!) then the next step is to submit us a ‘Writing sample’. Follow these 9 tips and become an indispensable part of our diverse and knowledgeable team!
* Follow the Content Standards and Attribution Guidelines closely
* Be passionate about your city, write on a topic of your choice which expresses how Amsterdam is unique and worth visiting. Be balanced however, as amazing as Amsterdam is there is no need for brown-nosing.
* Be specific, choose a topic which is not too wide ranging. For example: instead of ‘The history of Amsterdam’, write about ‘ The History of the Canal Ring’, ‘The history of the Dutch Tulip’, ‘The history of Amsterdam’s Centraal Station’
* Check our website to make sure the topic or event you are writing about has not been featured in our website before
* Take our readers into account, what would they like to read, what events would they enjoy, what places would they like to visit, what facts would they be interested in finding out about…
* Include links and address information if necessary
* Come across as a person, not a machine
* Insert Images and include the appropriate attribution!