Prince in the Red Carpet of Amsterdam
Euphoric, magnificent, energetic, amazing were some of the adjectives shouted by the crowds after a Prince Concert around the world. Back in august 2011 the Headlines of the Sziget Festival in Budapest were Prince and The Prodigy. 2 sounds, both well known for their unbelievable presentations brought together generations for a fantastic week full of great music. Prince closed the first night of the festival and by the end of the Sziget 2011 there were thousands of old and new fans still singing loudly hits like Cream and Purple Rain.
At My Name is Prince every fan will have the chance to witness awe-inspiring exhibits including instruments, stage outfits, awards and handwritten song lyrics. Artefacts leaving Paisley Park for the first time in this unique exhibition include:
- Clothing from the 1984/1985 Purple Rain tour and the 1988/1989 Lovesexy tour.
- Wardrobe from the 1990 film, Graffiti Bridge.
- Gibson L65 guitar that Prince used when he made his national television debut on American Bandstand in 1980. Also used on the Prince tour and Dirty Mind tour.
- The original bass that was the inspiration for the Cloud guitar.
- The orange Cloud guitar made for Prince’s 2007 Super Bowl halftime performance (used during The Earth tour in 2007).
- Third-eye sunglasses from 2014.
- Diamond studded cane from 2015.
- Clothing worn during the 2007 3121 shows, 21 nights at The O2 shows and many more.
- Diamond vest worn during his 2013 V magazine shoot.
- The Raspberry Beret cloud suit from 1985.
The Show will be present at the Beurs van Berlage till the 8 of june. Therefore if you want to swim into Rock History and the amazing life of Prince, then you better want direction to the Damrak and enjoy My name is Prince.